Seared Blackened Ahi Tuna Soft Shell Tacos With Mango Mint Creme
Recipe courtesy from the kitchen of Celebrity Chef Kai Chase
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 1 pound ahi tuna steaks (about 2/3″ thick)
- 1 package tortillas, softened
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 limes
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup mint, chopped
- 1 avocado (medium)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Mexican crema
- 1 romaine, green parts shredded
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
Blacken the tuna steaks on both sides. Salt and pepper.
In a large saute pan on high heat sear the tuna steak and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl add the diced mango, red onion, mint, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Using a small food processor add the avocado, Mexican crema and lime juice. Set aside.